Tuesday, November 2, 2010

First Blogging!

Without stretching your brain too much, it may be easy to tell this is my first blogging experience. Having done research on the internet into many different subjects that I have been interested in, blogs were always a useful source of information. In the last year or so the thought of blogging had come to me but it wasn't until last week when I discovered my younger brother had a blog that I gave it more serious consideration. If he can do, why aren't I? I've always thrown the idea of blogging away because I was never sure about what to call it, until now. I've always been a procrastinator, which I'm steadily working on overcoming. So the idea of calling my blog "Punctually Late Thoughts" seemed perfect to me. My blog won't be about certain set of topics but more about anything that strikes me as being interesting or noteworthy. I decided to visit dictionary.com, to look up the definitions for punctual and late, and this is what I found.

Punctual: adjective

1. strictly observant of an appointed or regular time; not late;prompt.

2. made, occurring, etc., at the scheduled or proper time:punctual payment.

3. pertaining to or of the nature of a point.

Late: adjective

1. occurring, coming, or being after the usual or proper time

2. continued until after the usual time or hour; protracted: alate business meeting.

3. near or at the end of day or well into the night: a late hour.

This pairing of words seem to fit what I want to do with this blog perfectly, and allows me to blog about something that may have happened a while ago, following the idea of being “late”. I'd love to blog about stuff as it happens but with my school schedule I'm not always able to get to stuff when I'd like to or when it happens. So if you read my stuff it may be... Punctually Late.









No comments:

Post a Comment